Welcome to the Fedora Wiki
The Fedora Wiki aims to provide accurate and current tutorials, how-to resources, and general information about Fedora Linux. It aims to follow a "by-users, for-users" model of community-driven information to aid all Fedora users in installing, configuring, and maintaining a Fedora desktop, workstation, or server system.
26 articles since August 2008
Contents (view all pages)
- General Information
- New User Guides
[ Frequently Asked Questions | Fedora 8 | Fedora 9 | Fedora 8 Post-Install | Fedora 9 Post-Install | Notes on 64-bit Fedora | Networking | Wireless Networking | Package management with yum and rpm | Managing Services ]
- In-Depth, Advanced, and topic-specific Guides (examples for now)
What's new on Fedora Wiki
- 8-30-08/Landing page changed
- I've elected for now to go with something simpler for the home page. Crookedspoke 17:35, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- 8-20-08/Fedora Wiki Created
- The Fedora Wiki has been created. I am going to work on getting up some basic pages with a vision for the wiki ASAP, as well as some content.
Any and all willing and able Fedora Linux users are welcome in helping to build the wiki, and knowledgeable contributors may be recruited from existing forum communities. Users of all skill levels are welcome as long as they are willing to perform necessary research and fact-checking in the interest of ensuring that information on the Wiki is factual, current, and accurate.
To dig in and get started writing a new article, just enter the article title in the box below. If you're looking for ideas, please see the "To-Do" list. Alternatively, you can help by editing existing pages.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.